Sunday, May 7, 2023

Steps to follow when using a PowerShell script to modify the goals in Sitecore

I have previously utilized PowerShell for item creation, modification, deletion, and presentation details in Sitecore.

 ØRecently, I attempted to modify goals using PowerShell but was unable to find any relevant references.

ØFortunately, I received assistance from the Sitecore community and was ultimately able to complete the task.

ØIn order to read the assigned goals from the item, I created a form item with a "reference" field where I defined my actual ID.

ØFrom there, I was able to retrieve all the assigned goals from the item and apply my own logic as needed. 

Please find my code here,

Goal Script

 1
 2
 3
 4
 5
 6
 7
 8
 9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
$successPageItem = Get-Item -Path "master:" -ID $UserItemId

if (Test-Path -Path $successPageItem.Paths.Path) 
{
# Get the assigned goals for the item using the Goals property
$trackingField = $successPageItem.Fields["__Tracking"].Value 

Write-Host "trackingField Fields: "$trackingField , $successPageItem.Paths.Path

if (![string]::IsNullOrEmpty($trackingField)) {

$xml = New-Object System.Xml.XmlDocument
$xml.LoadXml("$trackingField")

$xmls = [xml]$xml

# Select the first node using the SelectSingleNode method
$firstNode = $xmls.SelectSingleNode("/*/*[1]")

#form Json Object
$jsonObject = @{
    "referenceId" = $firstNode.id
}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps to follow when using a PowerShell script to modify the goals in Sitecore

I have previously utilized PowerShell for item creation, modification, deletion, and presentation details in Sitecore.   Ø Recently, I attem...