Saturday, April 23, 2022

How to use the command in ribbon section

Find my use case here

I was asked to create a new menu in the ribbon section and when my admin clicked on the menu I have to do some action. In my case, I have to open one popup and pass some data to the popup modal. So here I have defined the steps to create a custom button and call my commend template in a button click.

Create the custom editor button 

Create a Chunk

Path : /sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Chunks


Template path : /sitecore/templates/System/Ribbon/Chunk

 

View in End Result

The header value is connected with this ribbon label.

Create a button

Path :/sitecore/content/Applications/ContentEditor/Ribbons/Chunks/SitecoreShades


I have created the Large button, But we have a lot of options, 


View in End Result

Create Strip

Path :/sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Strips



View in End Result


The header is reflected in the ribbon section.

Path :/sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Strips/SitecoreShade


Updated the chunks here

Create a Ribbon


Path :/sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Ribbons/Default

Updated the strips here

View in End Result

When you click on this option it will automatically debug the code which you mentioned in the config.


 You can go with your own implementation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps to follow when using a PowerShell script to modify the goals in Sitecore

I have previously utilized PowerShell for item creation, modification, deletion, and presentation details in Sitecore.   Ø Recently, I attem...