Thursday, April 21, 2022

Validation Rules

 The default validation rules

You can find some sample validation rules

/sitecore/system/Settings/Validation Rules/Field Rules/Sample

We can duplicate the sample item for creating new one

Case 1:

I like to set the required option to my field




Case 2:

I like to set the required and maximum length of the field

I’ll  add maximum 40 to my field

Let’s check the validation

I have given the field more than 40



But it allows me to save the page 

Case 3:

I would like to stop my user to save the page when they have errors in the item

Go to your rule path

/sitecore/system/Settings/Validation Rules/Field Rules/Sample/Max Length 40

Parameters : MaxLength=40&Result=FatalError

Let’s test

 Case 4:

I don’t like to give the error popup just like to show the warning

Parameters : MaxLength=40&Result=Warning

Case 5:

I like to show an error when the field has exceeded the length and would like to allow the user to save the item without fixing it

Parameters: MaxLength=40&Result=CriticalError


How to add the Custom validation Custom rule-Ignore past date

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steps to follow when using a PowerShell script to modify the goals in Sitecore

I have previously utilized PowerShell for item creation, modification, deletion, and presentation details in Sitecore.   Ø Recently, I attem...